City & Guilds are the biggest name in vocational education. This campaign had the core objective of promoting their range of courses in order to attract more school-leavers.
City & Guilds went to the London Motorshow to speak directly to their target audience. They wanted to take with them an innovative campaign that was fresh, vibrant and relevant to today’s youth.
Understanding the audience
We created the Love Cars campaign, which included a game designed to attract and engage with 14- to 19-year-olds. The campaign also needed to grab the attention of other attendees at the motor show, drive traffic to a Learner Engagement website, and provide valuable data capture opportunities.
The campaign included:
- Evaluation of the City & Guilds core website
- Development of the Love Cars game to be played at the London Motor Show & afterwards on the City & Guilds website
- Learner engagement site to house interactive campaigns, including the Love Cars game
- Data capture mechanism to use at the motor show
The rewards of a quality campaign
The Love Cars campaign achieved tremendous results for City & Guilds, so much so that we ran a number of tactical campaigns targeting the same audience. Some Love Cars numbers:
- The game went viral, with more than 300,000 players through the life of the campaign
- It also attracted more than 15,000 people to the City & Guilds stand at the Motor Show
- Data capture was in excess of 100,000 new-learner details